How would you advocate for subject acceleration when the school is very dismissive. I am trying to get DS subject accelerated by a grade in Math. He is currently in 4th Grade, working with a tutor on the AOPS Pre Algebra book. His tutor says he is not struggling with it at all. His Explore test results made the DYS cut off, his latest NWEA MAP scores for Math was 249(he has consistently been in the 99% all 3 times they tested). I wrote all this up and more (Like his WISC PRI was in the 99% and WJ III math scores were very high etc.) and the school replies after days and a reminder from me that they are sure DS will be placed in the "advanced" class in 5th grade which basically means more worksheets on the same topics. They use Saxon math at school and supplement the "Advanced class" with worksheets from various websites. This year has just been a review for DS and has not complained too much because he is getting used to this new school. I don't think he can stand another year of reviewing things he already knows.
I have insisted on a meeting next week but am at a loss as to what I can talk about except repeat what I have already written. All the details were in that email and I have been very polite and appreciative of the school. Both the psychs who tested him and his tutor who is a math professor have recommended a compacted/accelerated curriculum for him.