Hi Madoosa. As I wrote in the "gifted six year old boys" thread, I suspect stealth dyslexia here. I am having him thoroughly evaluated in a couple of months. I did a lot of reading last summer about dyslexia, and the info seems confusing and contradictory. If my son has it, it is mild. The one piece of advice that I read on a list that really made sense and stuck with me was this: it is more difficult for dyslexics to develop the neural pathways for reading. To do so, they need to read a lot. So the goal is to find material that is motivating enough for them to read. Makes sense to me. In addition to trying hard to find books that my son loves, I did get him a kindle fire. You can increase the text size, change the color of the background, and have the book read to you by professional narration while text highlights. Plus it is a cool gadget. My son has read a lot of books on his kindle, and he also uses it to listen to audio books. He still is a bit of a reluctant reader, but it is better, and he is certainly reading above grade level.