Originally Posted by Melessa
CAmom- I was given a print out which had columns with 75% right, 50% right, and 25% right. I was told that what ds was "ready to learn" was the 50% items. Yet, at the bottom of the of each page, it said "this is the probability students would correctly answer items measuring these concepts and skills." Is this the Descartes goals?
When the info was given, teacher kept saying he knows all this. So, it made me question whether it was individual breakdown or what most students who score in this range know and are ready to learn. Ds teacher did not answer this question.

On a standard Descartes Goals the 50% is the "Skills to Develop" and the 25% is the "Skills to Introduce". In general, students get a question on a specific skill. If they get it correct, they get a similar question to confirm it wasn't a guess- then they move up to the next band. If they get it wrong, they are bumped down. If they get the next two correct, they are bumped back up- in each skill area. But there is a maximum number of questions on the test per sitting, so the test will actually stop that section even if a kid has gotten them all right, to move on to the next skill. It doesn't just keep going and going until they get them all.

You won't know if you got the right report unless you get the specific subtest breakdown! You should have four or five subtests in each, depending on the school's system (and version they're using)