Hi all,
I am going to be having my DS6 who has an Autism Dx (he is mild aka high functioning) take the WISC IV,
and
I was wondering if I should tell her about his DX?

My thoughts were this is a Child Clinical Psychologist, surely he would note some disabilities if there are any to be noted?

Most people would never guess DS is Autistic, so I guess I am curious what a trained Professional would see during the course of testing...?

But is this fair? to DS or to Tester? Any thoughts?

Am I setting DS up to fail by NOT letting Tester know his Dx?

At same time, I do not want Tester to have any preconceived notions of what he can/cannot do... if that makes any sense?

Finally, I am interested in finding out DS IQ- as well as how he fares on the 10 subtests. I want to know his strengths and weaknesses. (are these what others have referred to as the "raw scores"?)

Do I need to make sure the Tester is planning to include:
raw scores (subtests?), the 4Composite/Index Scores, FSIQ, and GAI?(though my understanding is the GAI is only given if the Composite Scores vary by 23points or greater)?

Is there anything else I need to make sure is included?

*Should I ask for the "test age equiv"?
-------------------
ok, please let me know about the Autism Dx, and if I should inform or not- I am concerned that not just due to his Dx- but also because on a test, or on any question really--he takes his time and wants to get the correct answer- that his processing speed may be on the lower end and therefore bring down his FSIQ.

Sorry this is so long. I am still learning all about testing, and I am feeling anxious about it. That said, I just really want to have a clear picture of DS and how I can better work with him, as well as more info to help in advocacy for him with the schools.

Thanks so much smile

One can never consent to creep when
one feels an impulse to soar!
~Helen Keller