DS9 is bored in school, bored at home, and bored with the other kids his age in the area. He has told me that he feels like no one likes the same things he does. Because he doesn't sit around playing Call of Duty (yes, my 9 year old son's friends play Call of Duty) all day long, he doesn't feel like he has anything in common with them. He loves science, especially astronomy and engineering. He likes sports, but is not especially athletic and gets self conscious when he plays with other kids. He likes art, but tends to get a bit reclusive when he is working on a project. He wants to be more outgoing, but is so afraid the other kids won't like him, he won't even approach them! Talented as he is, he is starting to feel like a failure because he is not exactly like every other kid out there. Problem is, I can't find ANYTHING for him to do around this area that will get him in touch with other kids with similar interests! Heck, at this point I would settle for adults with similar interests - but even that isn't working. The closest thing I could find was an amateur astronomy club that is an hour away and meets on Sunday nights (figures....a school night). Any tips on how to make my son feel like he is not a total outcast?