Hello-

My dd10 was identified as HG at the age of 7. Right now, she is in the 5th grade. This child has a TON of psychomotor overexcitability, although this has improved somewhat in the past two years. We originally had her evaluated for ADHD at age 7, but they said it was just her giftedness. We accelerated her in math, but she stayed with her own grade. Administrators in our school corporation feel that she might benefit in a few years from going to high school early, at least for part of the day. This could possibly occur when she is a 7th grader, when she will "run out" of math at the middle school. We meet each year to discuss the plans for the next school year.

She is an extrovert. She has been involved in theater since the age of 6, and it has been a great outlet for her. She really fits in with the theater crowd. Currently, she is in a high school production. She is the only "little kid" in the show. The interactions have been interesting. I have noticed that the older kids really seem to like her, to a point. Then, her "energy" seems to eventually bug them. It reminds me of the pesky little sister. It does make me worry about a possible acceleration down the road. Will she fit in, or will she bug her classmates?

I'd like to hear from folks who have done a multi-grade skip, or partial skip, and how that worked for a kid who's only speed is 90 mph.

Thanks!