I am trying to find a curriculum to use in homeschooling.
Currently looking online at Beast Academy, Life of Fred and have one workbook of Singapore already in hand. (But it is far below level; one of the problems of having a kid who goes so fast through things, is that if you buy curriculum ahead of time, before you get to using it, you suddenly find he has surpassed it frown )

I know there are tons of different ones available, and it is daunting to try to find the right one, whatever that may mean. Who knew there could be so many approaches to learning basic math?

From what I can tell thus far, I think my son learns best visually, and likes to think abstractly. So I am leaning to a story-problem approach.

Could I have some help comparing and contrasting what has worked for you or cluing me into other systems you have used.
Thus far we have just worked on ixl.com, which is great because he can just key stuff in, and writing at this stage isn't terribly great (although in past month of working on it, it has improved much). But the work on there is just test-form. Unless you get the problem wrong there is no lesson on how or why to do things. I would like to have a better basis for understanding shortcuts, and why things work.

Thank you so much for all your great input, now and always.