mcsquared, I couldn't have asked the question better myself. We are wondering the same thing about DS6, who is currently in Kindergarten. He had a wonderful Pre-K experience, but I think he had a one-in-a-million teacher. Since his WPPSI two years ago, which qualified him for DYS, we've been repeatedly told by gifted experts that homeschool is really the best environment for him. We've been working closely with his new public school, but I'm afraid they will never be able to come far enough for him.

st pauli girl, it does feel like elementary years are tough for EG/PG kids. You mention that homeschooling "is a lot less work [than] you may imagine." I do hope some homeschooling parents of young children chime in on that. It feels like it would be a ton of work, and I would always worry that I wasn't teaching him enough. It's a scary concept, but I can tell that his school isn't teaching him enough either. Even though he seems to like school, his behavior is deteriorating, so I think we need to pull him out. So much explaining and advocating for him, and he's only 6. I'm simply tired.

Looking forward to hearing more from those who have been there, done that!

Thank you,
Michelle