Hi, I don't know if you're still looking for some clarification on this subject, but I give, score, and interpret the WJ Achievement on a regular basis (4-5 times a month), so I figured I'd shed some light on this for you. Average standard score is 100, with the average range being 90-109.

It looks like they left out some common subtests, which I find odd, but whatever, moving right along. No one uses the grade/age equivalents, they're considered pretty much useless. They tend to put the numbers in terms that people unfamiliar with standardized test scores can understand, but they're never used for any kind of interpretation, because they're typically pretty far off, so no, those numbers don't mean your daughter scored in the college/adult ranges. You'll notice that just about everything was in the 90s, the average range. Her two 81 scores... Reading fluency would indicate that she struggles to process info quickly (not that she can't do it, it just isn't very fast), and applied problems would be practical applications of math, such as money problems, clock reading, distances traveled, etc. The other score that wasn't average was her 50 in passage comprehension, which is extremely low. I would suspect examiner error on that one. If this were a test of cognitive abilities (IQ, basically), a score that is 2 standard deviations below the mean (70 or lower) would indicate mental retardation. 51 is more than 3 standard deviations below the mean. Either it wasn't administered correctly, scored correctly, or she wasn't trying on that one (or didn't understand the task). There's no reason someone with average scores on just about everything else would suddenly be scoring in mentally retarded ranges for only one subtest unless there was an external reason. Hope this helps.