Originally Posted by HowlerKarma
One of the reasons that I can see a gap year being of tremendous benefit for a HG+ child is multipotentiality. It's a problem. More life experience can ONLY help there.
Personal bias disclaimer: University was mostly a waste of my time as it taught closed-mindedness and a doctrinaire thinking. Put bluntly, I think the best learning is that which we seek out and design for ourselves.

From this perspective, I'd advocate that your daughter choose a wickedly complex question that she's dying to answer and make that her year. It would be incredibly fulfilling, teach her project management skills, and be an inescapably creative endeavour. Yes, it's completely exploratory, in a way that university never will be.

I'd say multipotentiality in itself is a tremendous blessing, but it can be distorted through self-doubt. I would want to ensure that whatever she does reinforces her values intrinsically so that the year can be applied to any pursuit later. I would also focus on the rarity of the experience to enhance the value of her skillset relative to her peers.

What is to give light must endure burning.