My DD has dysgraphia as one of many labeled disabilities so it may be hard to decipher which would benefit a kid with just the one problem. She has a scribe, so is allowed to do all tests orally and do her "writing" verbally. This has been the most useful for her. She has extra time, option of extra credit, etc but hasn't needed it. (She's only in second grade.) The district finally completed an assistive technology evaluation and the evaluator recommends an iPad. The idea is to get her up to speed on keyboarding so that she can become more independent - keyboarding short answers and fill in the blank for the next few years with the hope of being fluent with voice-to-text by 6th grade. She suggests doing all work on the iPad so it can be emailed between home and school.

Other simple strategies are having her circle the correct answer on multiple choice rather than having her write the words. (Since it's only second grade her work is more simplistic than the 10 year old would be doing but I assume others will be reading this too.) Also in the lower grades it's common to have to divide lists of words into categories (i.e. noun/verb, liquid/gas, etc). For this she can either write "N" or "V" next to the word rather than copying it to a list or label each option "1" or "2" and have her just write the number of the correct category next to each one. She also only has to write the word being corrected in a sentence rather than copying the whole sentence over.

We just had a major battle over spelling tests. She was doing them orally and scoring 100% every week and then the teacher started having her write them herself. She would make mistakes like writing "a-r-n" for "ran". This was clearly a mistake related to her disability but she would still be marked wrong for it. This past weekend she had a total panic meltdown because she couldn't tell the difference between a "b" and a "d" while spelling the word "third" with cut-out scrabble type letters the spec ed teacher had sent home to work with. I sent a rather scathing email pointing out that if she can spell the words orally she knows how to spell them and it is unfair to expect her to work through additional disabilities (in her case dyslexia and dysgraphia) to write them herself. You will really have to monitor to see what your individual child's needs will be and adjust the accommodations as you see the need arise.