DD has been using EPGY for about 2 months now. She's currently at about a 3.2 grade level in math. While she's using the program, I usually spend that time getting stuff done around the house, but lately she's calling me in to help her. (Or rather, she's been screaming and crying when she gets things wrong and I have to come in and help her.)

I'm not sure if she's getting instruction on all of these concepts or what. I can replay the session, but it just shows what she answered... or is there a way to replay the lectures and show when they were initially given? Of course there is the likelihood that she's just not listening to the lecture part.

If your child uses EPGY, do you find it gives enough instruction on its own or do you need to give lessons yourself on new concepts as they come up?

Here's a word problem she got today:
Mary goes to the store for her mother. She buys six oranges that cost twelve cents each and five apples that cost eleven cents each. How much does she spend?

This problem seems so much more complicated than what she should be expected to do given what's been introduced so far. I replayed her sessions from the last few weeks and this is the first problem of this type, so I don't know why they couldn't have said the fruit cost 4 and 5 cents or something easier for her to multiply. They haven't introduced any methods for multiplying a number with 2 digits. DD knew it could be done with repeated addition but she was crying at the thought of doing all that adding.

So, I showed DD she didn't have to add 12 6 times, she could do for example 12x6 = 10x6 plus 2x6. She was able to do that easily.

Just wondering if this is going to be the new norm for EPGY and I'll have to start teaching alongside the program or what. (Which is fine I guess but it's definitely nice to have something she can do independently.)