Emme,
Hello, and welcome! I have brother, 6 years my juniors who are fraternal twins, and so I have many warm memories of the anitcs they used to get into. I would urge you not to be so quick to decide to keep them apart during school, as they may be the only children around that they can relate to! Ideally they would be able to be seperate during part of the day, each doing what they love best at their own "Readiness Level."

I too have seen many parents "tricked" by their daughters into thinking that the girls are "less" gifted, in part because the females are usually more skilled at "fitting in" and "tuning in to other people." Huge generalizations I know, but it the shoe fits....

I would reccomend you read Dr. Deb Ruf's Losing Our Minds, Gifted Children left behind. This book addresses both the levels of giftedness and their various needs as well as the various types of schools that are availble. I also liked reading the "Picky Parents Guide" which addresses choosing a school for children of all academic abilities, so isn't specialized on "Gifted" but I would take what they offer with a grain of salt.

I know Fairfield County pretty well, so can give opinions on specific school if you want. When your son was evaluated, was it done locally? If so, the evaluator my have some school suggestions.

I can also speak very highly of Connecticut's gifted association, CAG! The saturday programs may be a fun way for your twins to do some enrichemnt and you to met some other Mothers, IRL (in real life) There is also a Fairfield Mother's of Multiples group that is very active and has wonderful tag sales.

Best Wishes,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com