ok, maybe that is going to far- the guru bit i mean haha
but
my DS6 just started with a new SLP (speech lang path) for LAS (speech services) 90min/wk (1sitting) and i was a little nervous, because

---he left a school where the SLP flat out said she didn't care about Pragmatics (social language/interaction)- all she was there was to work on articulation b/c that is what mattered in an academic setting.
yes, artic is very important, it is important that a teacher can understand a child, but so is the ability to actually be able to communicate- give/take converstation, social cues etc, so the student CAN communicate with the teacher/peers...
so any and all credibility she may have ever hoped to have with me, was completely blown right then and there!

moving on.
now DS6 meets with SLP who is all about teaching pragmatics! he works off of an ipad smile
DS is in heaven. they played an angry bird game. he was with 3 other 6/7yo's and i was able to understand them all (very few artic issues!), and it was all done in a fun and engaging way, utilizing technology & creative play!
(they also drew stuff on each others face- via the ipad being projected to wall! so nifty!
then DS went with SLP to return those kids to class, and came back with 2more kids age 8&9. they chatted. then they played "go fish". DS6 fit right in.

then those kids were returned to class, and DS spent the last approx 20min 1:1 working on artic issues & yup- more pragmatics!

anyways, i just wanted to share how thrilled i am. i know in previous posts Pragmatics had been a topic...& it is incredibly hard to find a good SLP to work in this area- especially in a school setting, when the district is paying for it...i am so beyond happy for my son smile

thanks for "listening"

One can never consent to creep when
one feels an impulse to soar!
~Helen Keller