Your son sounds very much like my 3 1/2 year old son - very social and active. I agree with some of the other posts that perhaps it's more the environment rather than your son that's the problem. My son goes to a more play-based preschool and has been very fortunate to have a very loving and attentive teacher who noticed from the get go that my son was much more cognitively advanced than his peers. The teacher has been very intentional about making sure that he is challenged cognitively, otherwise he has been known to act silly to get the teacher's/other students' attention. For instance, she created special corners for him in the room with a writing journal, jigsaw puzzle maps of the united states (he's really into geography at the moment), etc. She also encourages him to read to the other kids and gives him "homework" (dot to dots, word searches, math problems, etc.) to give him some extra challenge. But beyond all that, the teacher has been excellent about helping him navigate the social world of a 3 1/2 year old.