Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. I've been reading the Davidson Forum for a few months now after my son's violin teacher told me about it. Thanks all for the wonderful advice!

My DS is almost 7 years old. He was tested at the end of the previous year (in K) using RIAS, and scored at the 99.97% percentile. He was bored the entire year of Kindergarten, and asked to be homeschooled again (which I'd done for preschool & partial for PreK), so I asked for -- and got -- a skip for the current year to 2nd grade.

Alas... he's not being challenged and he's unhappy about it. After he broke down in tears on two separate occasions recently, I approached his teachers (homeroom/gifted reading & math) and they vetoed the idea of giving him more challenging work. Rather than pursue up the chain, DS is with grandma this week to see if homeschooling will work the rest of the year. I'm a first year middle school teacher, so I can't be home with him right now, but am sending him with his schedule, plenty of work to do, plus one of his instruments.

I would love some advice, so I'll be back to post again!

Thanks,
Thestr0ng1
smile