How common is it to have WM be the highest score (more than a standard deviation above the other scores, gifted range), and does that mean anything to anyone? I never put much thought into this three years ago, when the child in question was 6 y.o. and the subtest scores on the other areas were widely scattered and thus it's hard to interpret much from them. We are re-testing soon. A similarly-scoring sibling turned out to be a late bloomer with 99th percentile scores more recently, though that sibling's re-testing was not on the WISC, so comparison to old scores is tricky. I'm hoping the kid in question can score high enough on PR to get into a particular program offered by the school district for math (I feel certain he's bright enough for it, but it's a matter of showing it; the sibling is in this program now). I guess we'll find out soon enough, but looking back at the old scores got me curious about WM, as it seems odd that it would be the highest score.

Also, I'm concerned that he's gotten into the habit of working fast without thinking carefully, due to the teachers he's had the last few years. (Processing speed was average.) I'm a little concerned that he'll behave similarly during the testing...