I think we all have this idea of the "PG prodigy," and it looks like the kids on Oprah who start their own nonprofit agency to save the lives of starving kids in Africa or go to grad school at 12 or whatever...not like our own bright--but mostly kid-like--kids.

But as Grinity so aptly wrote, "the lows don't cancel out the highs."

I'm the queen of GT denial (well, maybe the lady-in-waiting, behind Dottie! wink ), but I really do think it pays to accept that 145 on more than one test is pretty doggone high. Is it repeatable? Maybe not, and that means it's not quite as reliable a score, and maybe the child isn't quite as far into the tail of the Bell Curve. It is one score on one day. <shrug> But I really do think that kids who score that high are pretty doggone unusual.

I really hope that the parents of kids who are doing way more advanced things than my DS/our kids feel free to share here, too. If not here, then where? I think at least here they're likely to be met with understanding, if not total identification.

Heaven knows, I like to hear about kids ahead of my son. It reminds me how much harder I could have it! laugh

Kriston