DS9 has always been really sensitive. But lately it seems like he is just angry all the time. I wonder if it's a self-esteem thing, since it really seems to set him off if anyone suggests he is less than perfect. If his karate instructor corrects his form. If his teacher tells him to pay attention. If I remind him of something he forgot. Today his teacher wrote a note in his agenda that he had an attitude with her. Apparently (at least as he tells it) there was a misunderstanding about what he was doing, and she didn't listen to his side of the story. Even so, it was just a note, and I listened to his side and simply told him to be careful, because IF I find that he's causing problems in school, he will be in trouble. He was in tears for a long time, because he saw it as being unfair.
I know gifted children tend to be oversensitive and perfectionists. But is this beyond what is normal? I'm worried he will not have any friends if he continues this way, which will make it ten times worse for him.
He is currently in his room writing in his journal - I thought that may help him calm down a bit. If anyone has other ideas (we've done the "rate it from one to ten" thing - it only helps for a few minutes and he's all upset again) I would really appreciate hearing them!

Last edited by Michelle6; 11/01/12 07:33 PM.