if u were here in socal i would have a name for you smile my sons SLP last year was awesome! her "specialty" is pragmatic speech! yes she works for lausd, and is 2schools but it was so AMAZING to meet her! because this is my DS6 biggest hurtle. she even agreed he should have 3 ST/wk all last year! he really came a long way with her! it is HUGE what a difference someone who really wants to work with kids in this area, can make to the child..
VS
now.... his new SLP does not care at all re pragmatic speech. she said she is there only to help with articulation as it relates to the school setting. i'm like "whaaaa?" i was like are you serious? do you understand pragmatic speech issues???? do you understand it affects a STUDENTs "ability to access curriculum" very much?????
(((((i should have asked if she cared about these kids she works with!!)))))
fact is,
she is without even assessing my DS6, but simply by mtg him 1time, she admitted she didn't know why he was receiving any ST at all! she said she would recommend he discontinue. i was incredulous. i pointed out she hadn't even had a sesh with him, she said there are children with greater needs than my DS and they should come first.
wow.
i won't go on...
my DS goes to her 3x/wk because that is the SLP @ his current school. another reason to leave!
but keep looking and talking.
the one here is amazing and i am thinking maybe i should transfer my DS there for now, just for the SPEECH.
ahhhh one of many issues.
good luck to you.
don't give up.
it will make a huge difference for your child smile
all the best!

One can never consent to creep when
one feels an impulse to soar!
~Helen Keller