Hello. This is my first post here, although I am a regular lurker to these forums.

I have two sons, both are in a congregated gifted program now. They were both tested with the WISC-IV through the school to receive identification and placement in the program.

When the school board sends the WISC report, they send the subtest scores not as numbers, but as just being within a range. Now, when my second son was tested, I called the tester back and asked for the number for the FSIQ and the GAI. However, when my first son was tested, the psychologist at that time said that "they don't do that, the number is not important, all you need to know is he qualifies for the gifted program". At that time, I didn't question it. However, I am still feeling curious. Is it possible to figure out a score that is more or less accurate, using just the ranges?

His scores are as follows:

VCI
Similarities - Very Superior
Vocabulary - Very Superior
Comprehension - Superior

PRI
Block Design - Very Superior
Matrix Reasoning - Very Superior
Picture Concepts - Superior

Working Memory
Letter/Number Sequencing - Superior
Digit Span - Average

Processing Speed
Coding - High Average
Symbol Search - High Average

FSIQ score within Very Superior range

All I know for sure is that the children need a FSIQ or a GAI of 130 or above. So, I know he has to be at least 130. Beyond that, I am not sure what this would work out to.

I tried last year, after getting concrete scores for my second son, but they were too busy/unwilling to look up DS1 scores at that time.