I should try and be more positive right? smile Thanks Dottie ...yes good verification. I didn't even think they would test him since he wasn't officially a second grader which is when they start their screening process for the gifted programs. Their main point was all about having him up to standard on his writing since there is state testing they are sooo concerned about. It is all about elaborating on your ideas really. My son is a straight to the point kid and having him do the RARE response to questions is a challenge to him. Personally I think it is rubbish. smile
I made my point of any holes would be filled quickly and I got it is all in the process...yada yada. Education isn't all about facts anymore. Anyway I got the lady to get me some Science kits to work on with him at home this summer and they were going to see if they could squeeze him into the 2nd grade math time, but at this point being so close to the end of the year I don't see it happening.
They of course will evaluate how the skip to 3rd grade goes and perhaps who knows if they would put him into the Alpha GT 3rd/4th class. They did say he could go to the Alpha program in 4th after seeing how he does.
Thanks for the link Dottie on that test. The school pysch. had an intern do that test so perhaps that is why it was used? I read that it could be used by paras?