In a few weeks I have a meeting at my DD's school, to discuss her abilities, and hopefully get a school referral to the AG school psychologist to have her evaluated for full grade acceleration. A friend's mother, who is a retired teacher with experience in AG, recommended to have an attorney sit in on our meeting. She states it is likely to get the wheels moving a bit faster as far as AG changes and possible grade skipping are concerned.
I was wondering if any of you have done this, or if you have not done this - maybe you wish you had? I don't want to come across as being too aggressive, but after dealing with the slow changes for my older DD (in 2nd grade) I am at a point where I want to get things changed sooner rather than later.

DD is in Kindergarten at an AG magnet school, and is working a couple of years ahead of her classmates in reading, writing, and math. I am exploring the idea of grade acceleration. The focus of our meeting will be if she is a candidate for full grade acceleration, for which she will need to show being able to work consistently at 2-3 grade levels above her current grade. Our county just started the Common Core State Standards this school year.

So, any suggestions for the meeting, and also whether or not to have an attorney there... Thanks for your input!