It will be a long wait until they post the final cast list tomorrow! This is a huge deal for dd11--the first thing she asked about last year when she found out we were moving was if she would be able to be in the play (the timing didn't work out so she didn't get to do it at old school or new school).

She finished 5th here, then skipped 6th, and started the year knowing only one 7th grade boy. She is doing well (and after failing the first social studies test, she has now brought her grade back up to a 95). She has all As so far except for an 88 in math (90 is an A) and my mom actually said she thinks the B in math is evidence she shouldn't have skipped (head desk).

BUT--she is passionate about theater, so I am hoping she gets a part in the play. I'm glad she is confident and thinks she has a chance for the lead (Millie) but there is a huge amt. of talent at this school, and kids who have had acting/voice lessons for years, including the girl who had the lead last year.

Regardless, even if she is in the ensemble it will be a great way for her to make friends, and for the director to see what she can do for the future. Fingers crossed for her!