I asked our school psychologist how to update/amend my son's IEP, and apparently the whole IEP team must meet. They seem really nice, so hopefully it won't be a big deal.
His IEP right now only lists as his problem that he is hearing impaired. However, we have documented that he also has an auditory processing disorder but that isn't on the IEP. I'm thinking we should put that in- the two disorders are not the same thing.
I thought about this since my son recently didn't turn in his big, 6-page research paper he wrote. He said the teacher specifically said "do not turn it in," so he didn't. However, I later figured out that she said to turn it and everyone turned it in, except him. I explained it to the teacher and she said, no problem, and accepted it late.
However, maybe sometime a teacher would not be so flexible, right? I figure we should write something in the IEP about that.
Has anyone gone through this- adding new diagnoses to the IEP or adding new accommodations? Will they balk at this or say, sure thing? Thanks for any input!

Last edited by jack'smom; 10/06/12 12:04 PM.