Two of my kids have lots of this sort of behavior, and last time I looked neither one met any clinical definition of OCD. For my kids, I believe it's more of a sensory thing (both of them have sensory processing issues). With DD7, last year I ended up having to push her a bit to make some changes - making the goodbyes shorter (she was the only one in her K class whose parent walked them into the school building every day; she had a very specific goodbye ritual - I would get in trouble if I waved with the wrong hand, etc.). I would say that it's OCD-like, rather than being actual OCD. I try to leave her good night ritual alone for the most part, except I draw the line at her telling me where to stand when I wave - far too irritating (her father goes along with that, unfortunately). Now that she's at the end of first grade (or maybe it was the intensive OT program we did last fall, I'm not sure) she has come a long way. She still has me kiss her on a specific cheek, but the whole goodbye in car line is fairly quick.
smile