Yes!

I just opened the letter from the district appeals committee. Last week we had the meeting where we appealed the campus appeals committee's decision to deny admission to the GT program. I had posted about it back in March.

Anyway, they reversed!!! I'm so excited. So she'll start getting differentiation in her K class now, which is great, but starting next year she'll be in a self-contained GT class.

Of course one problem is that she may be the only GT identified student in 1st grade, so the rest of the students in her class will be "fillers." It won't help much in terms of finding true peers, but hopefully it will put her with a teacher who can better differentiate the curriculum for her. It's definitely better than not having that opportunity, and we'll just have to see how it works. We still may end up homeschooling or looking at private school in the future, but for now I feel like we've bought ourselves a little more time. At least I hope so, especially because she really does enjoy school.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone again for the encouragement. And I'm so glad I have someone else to share this with other than my DH, my best friend, and my parents!