Hi everyone!

My DS 11 yo shows signs of ADD - very forgetful, very slow to do tasks/chores, procrastinates, doing homework in a timely way is an every day struggle, argumentative. He seems overwhelmed by tasks so I have been breaking them down for him and this seems to help.

However, after a neuro - psych eval, he was not diagnosed with ADD, but instead anxiety and symptoms of OCD. Still, I believe there is some ADD and I wanted to see if by looking at his WISC-IV scores - there might be some clues.

Another issue that seems to get him is timed tests. He absolutely chokes on them, especially if it is on challenging content. He did not get into an advanced math course because of his low score and so I am wondering if an IEP might be in order for him. He very clearly can do the work - it's the testing that seems to mess him up.

He is a straight A student at a "gifted" school. However, I believe he should be accelerated as he does not seem challenged and hasn't been his entire school career. The test thing however is posing an issue to acceleration.

Here are his WISC-IV scores:
Verbal Comprehension Index SS=142
Similarities SS=16
Vocabulary SS=18
Comprehension SS=17

Perceptual Reasoning Index SS=131
Block Design SS=13
Picture Concepts SS=16
Matrix Reasoning SS=16

Working Memory Index SS=116
Digit Span SS=12
Letter Number Sequencing SS=14

Processing Speed Index SS=121
Coding SS=13
Symbol Search SS=14

Also, as a note he did not reach the ceiling on multiple subtests on the WISC-IV. It is possible that if there had been more questions, he would have answered them correctly and would have achieved a higher score.

I would really appreciate any insights you may offer.