I know this is not the same thing but family sometimes drives me crazy too (and as much as I miss them since they live some 5000 miles away, it's probably a good thing in the end!) ... for some strange reason they are more interested in my boys' potty training than the fact that one could do all kinds of magic with numbers and puzzles at 3 and the younger one is learning to read at the age of 2 and seems to be learning everything these days with unbelievable speed. Yet when I tell them about the new things the boys learned to do, they don't even comment positively on it in any way and right away ask "so is he going on the potty yet?" ... they used to ask about DS who just turned 4 for the last 2 years so now I just tell them yes he's potty trained (though it's not exactly truth but he's very close to it!) and now they are bugging me about DS2.5 ... I'm pretty sure all kids eventually master the potty ... but not all kids will have the same fun learning like my boys do. Why can't the family share the excitement with me? ugh!

And as for comparing kids ... I admit ... I have to keep reminding myself day after day that it's ok that DS4 is nowhere near the mastery of phonics and reading that DS2.5 is at ... it's ok, because most kids have no clue about reading at the age of 4! My main goal for now is to make sure DS4 doesn't feel inferior ... I don't want him to feel bad for not knowing things his younger brother does. DS4 is very smart too but I know a lot of his frustration coming most likely for the suspected Asperger's is what's standing between him and the things he wants to learn. They both love to learn on their own without any interference from me and I have no problems with that. I couldn't care less what other people think!

My mom is coming for a visit in two months ... she hasn't been here since DS2.5 was 1 ... she's in for quite a challenge. I can just see her face when she'll be changing DS2.5's diaper while he'll be handing her his magnadoodle asking her to write words for him so he can read! lol ... I am so looking forward to this one! ... if she wants to, she can even potty train him for me! lol