Well, once again the advices of polarbear sound very appropriate.

ADD and ADHD diag are based on surveys done at home and school. And even after those surveys, the origins of the deficit have to be found : purely cognitive, fine motor skills, vision processing, induced by giftedness, Asperger... Not a simple thing ... Maybe a book like this one one could help you.

In France, a psych is just able to make the child getting though the test. Only doctors can make a diagnosis and in the general case, they do it not only on the basis of the IQ test, but also by analysing the results regarding the point I gave before. And beleive me, it is not easy in the case of a gifted child (I know something about that). One of the main challenges in France is to find the good professionnal who is truly aware of what is giftedness, ADDness, .... Associations are very helpful from this point of view.

I will not comment on the test results. Nevertheless, I have never heard about IQ tests lasting for months even for ADD children...MAybe I misunderstood what you wrote due to my problems in English

Best wishes too !

Up the wallabies !!! (one of my youth heroes was David Campese ...)