Well,

My DS started Kindy three weeks ago. He has made some great friends thus far, but I'm afraid any academic learning will be ag home right now. I can see that his eagerness to please means that he is happily complying st school with the grossly basic curriculum (can't understand it, we live in a highly educated community where most kids have done at least 2 years preschool). Sigh, getting the right stuff at school is another thread.

We are just letting ds get the hang of 5-days a week school right now,and I don't want to push. He is very used to instruction/enrichment at home as he loves to learn and even do workbooks. We are only reading at home right now.

When did BTDTs start to do afterschooling? Just the same as before school? Or did you attempt to be more formal or enrich their pre-existing curriculum?

I'm having a hard time (sheesh, already?) sending my ds for 6 hours of socialization and pre-pre reading skills. AND he got punched in the head on the playground yesterday. Grrrrr. No bullying - just a random Ninjago gone awry.

Ugh. Someone talk me down.