The GATE program is through the local school district. He has a district transfer to one with no GATE program. The local GATE program is a once a week pull out and extra work on top of basic school work from what I've managed to figure out. It wouldn't do anything for him.

The reason we left our home district with him is because they are absolutely NOT flexible in any way shape or form when it comes to kids like Wolf to the extent of asking me "what are you doing to your son?" when I went in for the 3rd grade math placement test when he was five and they had told me to test him!

He's already had one grade skip and the idea of another has been tossed around. In the independent study program he works at his level so specific grade levels don't matter too much though.

The reason I was concerned about the lower score was that during testing my younger son it was pointed out to me that a score that much lower can be considered a delay in comparison to the child's norm. They used different tests on him and it was in relation to word finding skills compared to other verbal skills.