So by way of background - I have an HG daughter age 7. Interested in providing her some enrichment, we enrolled her in EPGY from the age of 4 until she could start K at 5. She was able to complete through the end of 3rd grade on EPGY before starting kindy. We enrolled her in a local school for gifted kids where she has been going for the past two years. I did not do any enrichment at home with her because she seemed happy and challenged at school. Spending time with her over the summer, I became a bit concerned because I noticed that she did not seem to have a solid grasp on her math facts. (I know that she school is very "anti-math facts" and all about "math concepts". Concerned for her math welfare : ) I re-enrolled her in EPGY and had to keep moving down the level because it was too hard, until we got to level 2.2. Wow. What the heck has she been doing for the past 2 years? Now somewhat panicked, I brought her down to the local Kumon center thinking I could at least get a free test and get to the root of the problem. She tested at first grade level. WTH? This is a kid who could tell time at three years old. On the placement test she got all of the questions right except for one silly mistake, but she took too much time. (I believe, because she still sometimes uses her fingers). So my knee jerk reaction is to enroll her in Kumon and bludgeon her with math facts (seems to be the modus operandi there) until school starts. Thoughts?