Hmmm... my boys went years ago to CTD and I never thought twice about letting them wear the t-shirts. We never got a comment, a look or a question. I don't think that people look that closely or even know what it is, especially at that age. Maybe if my ds wore his CTD medal, lol, but a t-shirt? On a funny side note, ds12 came home from his chess camp (first time, and he loved it!) with a t-shirt. Dh, who is a bit of a geek himself, said, "don't let him wear that in public!" I just laughed, "hmmmm.. okay, should we have him wear his math team t-shirt or his gifted (middle school class) team t-shirt (the team name they picked out-emblazoned on the front- is 'nerd herd')?" Poor ds, lover of math and chess and science and programming, will not be able to escape his fate! Luckily, like dh, he's realized that being able to talk about sports is like currency he can spend in social situations. smile

Anyway, way off topic, but I guess I wanted to reassure you that even with the CTD tshirts, or the chess tshirts, or the math team tshirts, no one much seems to have noticed! And frankly, just the fact that you're aware of the potential implications means you are not the kind of "parent of gifted" who will drive everyone crazy!