Thank you 3timemom, I didn't think after what happened it would be a good place to put my children because people tend to hold grudges.

Luckily, I looked at another nearby school that is actually one of the top rated in the state (and better than the original I was going to put them in) and they actually have a few gifted kids there, two whom are boys in 2nd grade doing work at a 5th-8th grade level.

The school is so small they don't even have a lunchroom let alone a gifted program, but because of this the kids all get serious individualized lessons and that is why the scores are so great, I bet.

The principal of that school did have issues with a child his age entering 3rd grade, but I said hey, I'm flexible, as long as he's getting the work and the challenge he needs, which is 3rd grade work, I'm fine with him being in 2nd, especially since the other 2 gifted kids are in that grade as well.

I'm very happy this school accepted them and understood the issues I was having with the local public school. So, all is well now! I have to drive them a little bit farther but it's only a few miles so not a big deal.

It's still sad that politics are invading almost all of our public schools like this... Something MUST be done about it.