Originally Posted by mdc
Thank you all for your input. Let me first state that I am not a pushy parent (I'm a concerned and involved parent) and I find it rather unkind to use the word cribbing for my attempt to just familiarize my child with the question format, a format that is not part of the regular curriculum. There will be 1 year and 9 months in between the 2 tests. I agree with Cricket2 that my goal is to ascertain my child's needs and the right placement for my daughter, not to get a high enough score to reach a cut-point for a program! She is in the higher percentiles (that's what her NNAT test showed as well) and I would like to make sure that if she qualifies that she can at least participate in the part-time AAP program if not the full level 4 program. I like the suggestion of an individual test as well.

Yes, but I think the main point is that the test is standardized against thousands of other kids who also weren't familiar with the question format in any way, so a lack of preparedness on that point should not be a factor in a child's score.