Grin-

Thanks for asking. It wasn't a big crowd, but some people had traveled from RI and one couple even from Maine in order to be there. A couple whose only child is four months old attended- I wish I'd been as on the ball as they were! They wanted to hear about the options as they both had underwhelming experiences in school.

One woman was talking to me about how she knew homeschooling was the right thing for her son, but she got all teary eyed... I think it was that sense of "leaving Kansas" that most of us can probably relate to somewhat.

Wendy is lovely inside and out, and she TOWERS over me! I felt like we were Mutt and Jeff! It was so great to work with her though, and she made some excellent points in her advocacy talk. She really stressed getting assessments for maximum benefit, as school officials really want hard core data. If anyone gets the NAGC publication "Parenting for High Potential", she wrote the cover feature on the latest edition.

All in all, it was a great experience, and I will be doing a similar (yet different) talk at the New England Gifted Conference this fall.