I am looking for advice about my 9 year old son. Specifically, I am wondering if we should even try to get assistance from Davidson.

He is already in the gifted program of a magnet school that works 1-2 grade levels ahead. He is on the honor roll but there were some issues that surfaced this year that seem to indicate that he may have a sensory or visual processing disorder and some small motor skill problems. We brought him in for an evaluation and I was very disappointed with the report that we received. I don't think the Doctor (who came highly recommended) had much experience with gifted children and his written assessment contained a number of assumptions that I feel were wrong. He offered almost no advice other than bringing my son to a occupational therapist. He verbally had discussed anxiety and adhd med's but did not put them in his written report. When he mentioned those things I really became nervous. The anxiety exists but it is not debilitating and at school it stems from the issues listed above I think (once an IEP was in place everything improved dramatically) and as far as ADHD - this has never been an issue at school or anywhere else as far as I am aware. He can maintain concentration FOREVER on a host of subjects and that started when he was still an infant. This year he read the Odyssey in a few days - that just does not seem like ADHD to me. His teachers were also very skeptical about that diagnosis.

In short - does anyone think he would qualify for Davidson YS and if so could they point us towards someone that could help him? I am sick of spinning my wheels (and money) and I don't know where to turn.

SCORES

I can�t find my copy of his preschool test but I know that he was at 3.3 standard deviations above norm and his IQ score was 149 or 150 (as I recall the verbal was about 140 and nonverbal about 145 but I might be wrong).

WISC-IV (the test the doctor above administered)
Full Scale 125

Verbal Comprehension 140
Similarities 17
Vocabulary 16
Comprehension 17
Information 17
Word Reasoning 17

Perceptual Reasoning 121
Block Design 17
Picture Concepts 10
Matrix Reasoning 13
Picture Completion 14

Working Memory 104
Digit Span 10
Letter / Number 12
Arithmetic 12

Processing Speed 103
Coding 10
Symbol Search 11

So, what do you think? Thank you in advance for your opinions and ideas.