Thank you for your response. I just heard back from her 4th gr teacher and she responded "there are definitely no gifted program for elementary level. We are suppose to differentiate instruction so that all children at all levels can learn at their own challenge level". With that being said how come my DD has not been challenged at all? Haven't they seen how bright she is? So frustrating. The teacher did also tell me they have never had anyone test for giftedness in her experience. This was suprising to me!

So now I have a child who has been identified as gifted and sooo shy. She is so shy and embarressed by how smart she is she hides her books so no one can she what she is reading and is afraid to raise her hand in class so no one will know how smart she is.

We have her in the online program at John's Hopkins and has taken Greek Mythology and looooved it and is now enrolled in Spanish for the summer and is thrilled! She loves the extra work. She loves to be challenged and to be with kids who do too. She says to me "mom they are like me".

So with all that said, I just don't know what to do. I don't think the school is going to offer much. The psychologist that evaluated her did recommend Private school for her with a higher level education, but we really didn't want to go that route especially because of the cost but also because she has made some nice friendships. I guess we will if we have to though.

Does anyone have any experience with this and can offer some recommendations? Thank you!