Good morning! I am new to the boards. my DS is 12 and went to private school through 4th grade until werealized they would not accomodate his giftedness. We then transfered him to public school but he was bullied for being a private school kid that didn't curse etc. We knew public middle school would be a nightmare so we put him in Charter. What a mistake! After almost completing his second year there, he has been bullied by a teacher (which they will not address), they will not complete the IEP I requested in December and in fact lost most of the pages of the private psychosocial I got done to expedite the process. They repeatedly violate IDEA and 504 and the public school system will not get involved because it's a charter school. I was told to find an attorney but I am also told there is no such thing as an "education attorney". I own my own business and DS is very social. I do not think homeschooling would be good for him. I found one option. A private school in the area that specializes in gifted children.. 20K a year!!!! shocked Advice??? Please??

Be the change you wish to see in the world.