Well the website does not offer how well she needs to do on the OLSAT. I'm sure if she were to retake it, she would do better since the one she took in October was during class, and she was told it didn't matter. I just wonder if any school would ever use testing from another school to admit. She also has to write an essay, get letters from her current math and English teacher. She has to give a sample of writing from her current school graded. They require a parent essay as well. We have spoken with the headmaster and he was the one who sugested we apply her now. He was very open about grade skipping and said that because the are a hoghschool, they are able to advance kids very fast. He seemed genuinely interested in dd 10's ballet accomplishments. The curriculum, although not algebra in sixth grade, connects throughout the subjects. So parts of a whole is constant throughout. I also am not AS concerned about the accademics being way advaned as she would be skipping a whole grade!
I haven't found one single public or private school of the many I have looked at who would skip a child and makes it a policy to do so if needed. So I am pretty stoked.
Buy Now the doubt. Can she do it? I believe that socially she will finally be happy. But she has learned so many bad habbits being under challenged that I am doubting her abilities.

Although! She heard a sonh she really liked at a talent show on Friday, downloaded it on Sunday, made up some music to it on monday and on Tuesday, after school, homework, ballet an a softball game asked grandpa to show her some chords and she now can play and sing that whole darn song! She sounds amazing and her timing and rhythm are crazy good. She has never taken voice, but did take piano for a year when she was six. When I see her do things like this, I know she belongs somewhere else!

Last edited by sydness; 05/10/12 06:30 AM.