Dr. Lovecky told me that she's a couple of hundred for the first visit with the first set of tests being about a couple of hundred. It can increase from then on and can be costly. It really depends, however, on how much you need to see Dr. Lovecky and how much testing you may need or what you need. She's got a 6-month+ list.

With us, we had testing done last summer when our son was 5.5 years old by a local center. But our son wasn't cooperative. The tests were inconclusive and raised many more questions than I bargained. They also lumbered us with diagnoses which I don't think he has.

In hindsight, I wish I had contacted Dr. Lovecky first and paid the money to see her rather than going to someone locally, who didn't know what they were doing even though they claimed to have experience with 2e kids or eg/pg kids. In fairness, Dr. Lovecky's probably got a lot more experience dealing with a child like my son and with his background than anyone else around.

I think Dr. Lovecky and Aimee Yermish deal with similar populations. However, Dr. Lovecky's been studying 2e and pg kids for over 25 years and, as a result, has probably got a lot more experience.

I found this list on psychologist list from Hoagies:
http://www.hoagiesgifted.org/psychologists.htm - there's some at Yale and Madison