My kid will start school soon smile

I'd like to thank Colinsmum for inciting me too google "define wibble" it's a great word.

I remember that last year I complained that they wouldn't let my son go to pre-k "a year early" even though he missed the cut-off by only a month.  I wanted to update instead of starting a new thread, but when I found the thread and realized that it was eleven pages long I thought that was a lot to wade through just to get to the point.
http://giftedissues.davidsongifted.org/BB/ubbthreads.php/topics/110610/11.html

Today is early registration for pre-k for the upcoming school year.  We'll go this afternoon to sign him up.  One neighbor said they test them and don't let them in pre-k if they know too much.  

He writes all upper and lower case letters and punctuation already, although we're doing a page a day of handwriting without tears to correct formation (a b is not a 6) and when to use capital or lower case.  He does multiplication with a number line, addition with carrying with pencil, paper, and manupulitives.  Smaller addition and subtraction word problems in his head or with fingers. That same neighbor said just tell them he's advanced, maybe they'll put him in kindergarten.  I don't care where they put him I just hope they take him.  I've been telling him since last year he can go to school this year.   If they don't let him go I'm going to just ask if he can go for lunch time and recess.

Excited and nervous.  I want to get him an IQ test this year.  I don't think we'll do it before school starts because I want to go to Florida to see my mother and grandmother this summer and we have a budget choice for one or the other.  I was told where I can get testing cheaply so we can probably do it this year.

I wrote this yesterday and didn't post it.  It turns out early registration is just bring in your paperwork, they make copies, they give you the dress code and supplies list.  I got all worked up in my head for nothing.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar