Thanks so much for your replies, DeeDee and Coll.

DeeDee - My son does receive a gamete of services outside of his school services. Following his November 2010 eval, he started receiving intensive day treatment services up until he went to kindergarten. Now he does once a week social skills group, once a week individual therapy to work on his emotional regulation and OT. We are looking at doing some in-home therapy during the summer through a local ABA provider to work on some non-compliance issues that we are seeing.

A re-eval is next on my to-do list for DS1. We actually have two on the spectrum and a 3 month old baby, so things are pretty crazy! We had to have my DS2's annual medical re-eval at the end of November to continue his day treatment services, we had our baby in January and went through a full school re-eval in February and March to transition to 3-5 services for him. We are just finishing up writing his new IEP and working through ESY vs. a bump up in outside therapies for summer for him and then preschool placement for next year.

We have DS1's annual IEP meeting on May 3rd, so I am trying to get prepped for that now. With his current team, I have to bring any and all suggestions to the table and have good supporting documentation as to why he needs it and how it should be implemented. Your information about factual vs. fictional is really interesting and something I hadn't thought of. But, duh to me, he always gravitates towards non-fictional books. I will do some activities at home where I pose very specific questions to him about characters to see if he is picking up on those things. Thanks!

Coll - Your last sentence hit the nail on the head! That is what I keep trying to explain to our team. This isn't about him doing "fine" and producing "kindergarten quality work", this is about the fact that his team has no clue what his potential is because his disability is getting in the way of that potential.

Although his team has his WPPSI in his cum file, I am going to sned them over again and highlight the disparity between the different categories to get them thinking about how his ability to process could be affecting his learning and to remind them of his learning potential. He is bored to tears with kindergarten and so his behaviors are high and that is all they see when they look at him. frown

Last edited by mamabird; 04/24/12 11:09 AM.