We have a neighbor with the PANDAS diagnosis and he act like there is something in his body that is driving him crazy when this situation arises. Unfortunately for whatever reason, there is alot of strep at our neighborhood school.

I just wanted to hone in on the mention you made of eczema and throw out something just to think about...because my DD8 used to get this very badly when she was a toddler/early pre-K. Because of her behavioral reactions to chocolate we eliminated that from her diet (this is sooo hard!) and the behavior improved but, you know what, she's never, ever had eczema again. Last year she drank some hot chocolate and she acted a bit squirrely but not too bad, but one side of her face completely broken out.

I'm just throwing that out there to also consider diet in his whole package. The boy who has PANDAS also acts really unreasonable when he eats gluten foods. My DD is awful on artificial dyes, esp. Red 40. If she gets a new item of clothing that is dark and I don't wash it first, she gets a rash, and she can't use that cute colored soap that she's sometimes gotten as gifts because she gets a bad rash. We are very careful with soap.

Plenty of people say that there is no correlation to dyes/chemicals and children's behavior but I think food and all the chemicals must have some effect, either long term or immediate.

Anyway hope this helps. Sometimes the very sensitive kids are sensitive to the junk in their environment. We don't use any lawn chemicals, and household cleaning is all baking soda, vinegar etc.