So, things have been going sooo well lately. We finally seem to have found the right med combo for DS8 and he hasn't had a tantrum in class, or run out of the room in a month! It took some time after that to convince him to start doing his ("booooring") worksheets, but we've made progress there as well.

We initiated the IEP process a while back, and from what I can get out of DS, he met with the school psychologist, but just chatted. We've got our appointment with the neuropsych in just a couple of weeks (HOORAAAY), and sometime before the end of the school year we should have a big old pow-wow with his school about next year. I am going to try to advocate for at least differentiation in the classroom, if not going up to the next grade for language arts (the school has tested him at >6th grade level, and at home his books are around 1000-1200 lexile).

The hubby and I are also working hard on fixing up our house so we can get it on the market next spring and move to an area with a better (for DS) school district.

Just wanted to share the good news, you guys were so supportive and helpful when I was freaking out!

~amy