Grinity - thank you so much for linking to the flash card systems, we downloaded and starting using Anki earlier in the week and I am super impressed. It's too early to tell yet what impact it will have but it certainly seems like it will be an ideal life long learning tool for my daughter. Amazingly simple and sensible approach to the stuff that just has to be rote learned, and one system that will work for anything from spelling or times tables to capital cities, anatomy or japanese characters.

My daughter did not cope very well with timez attack, she is simply not fast enough, even with it slowed down, to get through final retention. Using timez attack she did get to be one of the best in her class at times tables but she really hates using it and she does need to keep reviewing those facts for now I think. Using Anki she has no time pressure but is having to learn about being honest with herself about how well she knows a fact if she wants the software to aid her to learn it better. Brilliant system.