Originally Posted by herenow
Originally Posted by Iucounu
The main qualification criteria are two out of the three: qualifying IQ score, qualifying achievement score, and portfolio. The IQ score doesn't have to be really close, or even submitted, if one has a qualifying achievement score and portfolio, but I'd submit it anyway.

I'm too lazy to look this up, but I think DYS requires you to send any and all IQ tests taken, whether or not you are using it to get into the program. Anyone know for sure?
I know for sure that it's not true at least in all cases, because we weren't required to do that. DS6 had a disastrous first testing experience with the school psychologist on a subset of the DAS II prior to our finding a great outside tester.

The full report from the outside tester referred to the school psych's testing, but we weren't required to submit scores from it at all (we didn't have a full report anyway, just some subtest scores with scatter from well below average, including some zeros, to 99.99999th+ percentile, and a note that not much could be drawn from the results). We also mentioned the prior testing in our application.

The difference in our case might have been that it wasn't a full test, but I don't know. I don't recall the extent to which his scores might have qualified him from that test based on the selection of parts administered either. In any event I think it's not a bad idea to submit whatever one has.

Striving to increase my rate of flow, and fight forum gloopiness. sick