We're just starting on this road with our eldest, who is in 2nd grade and just turned 8. We're trying to find a lower-cost psychologist to administer an IQ test, and we're looking at the Johns Hopkins test to assess his achievement. In the meantime, I'm looking for an online math program for him to work on here and there at home.

He did the Aleks assessment today for Level 3, and did quite well, but when we went to a sample lesson, he thought it was a bore - to read the lesson, rather than have it as a video or cartoon. In poking around, I took a look at Time4Learning, which he thought was fun, but I'm not sure how adaptive it is, and what reports it can give me on what to work on.

Does anyone have an online math program that combines the adaptive nature of Aleks with some decent reporting on skill sets (and areas to work on) but has at least lessons that are video-based? I'm indifferent as to whether the activities are game-based or not, since I have several math-booster games on my iPad for him. I'm looking more for lessons on the material he doesn't yet know so he can work on his own with some direction/guidance from me.

Thanks!