Originally Posted by Karenwithsix
I don't think she has Aspergers - she's just too witty. But she has the similar blunt-to-a-fault problem.

I don't think you can rule out an Asperger's diagnosis in a child with a 158 IQ primarily on the basis that they are witty. High IQ can help you develop strategies to compensate for weak areas. My son with Asperger's is highly verbally gifted and has a wicked sense of humor, much of which is based on puns, word play around the literal meanings of figurative expressions, and around deliberately ambiguous statements, probably because he has to pay so much attention to these aspects of language in order to get them right.

I think that you can make a case that your child's lack of classroom exposure to the academic material tested on the achievement tests could very well have contributed to performance that did not meet the cut-offs; even gifted children need to have some exposure to math, for example, in order to learn it. It's not like being gifted is some magic property that downloads information out of nothingness into a child's head. You have strong support for excellent reasoning ability from the ability and creativity scores, so I'd advocate on that basis.